The Hall 1 of Tainan Art Museum is the building merged with old and new cultures. Originally the Tainan Police Agency, the main building of Tainan Art Museum, designed by 梅沢 捨次郎(UMeZaWa SuTeZiRou), was completed in 1931. It was built in eclecticism Art Déco, of which the main structure was reinforced concrete, and the two wings were made of red brick concrete. Furthermore, the outer wall was mainly decorated with building materials made of thirteen ditches, and the color of the facing brick constituted the elegant style of Hall 1.
The building was designated as a historic monument in Tainan in 1998, which is the few well-preserved Police Agency in Taiwan. There are 10 exhibition rooms, workshops, light food area, storehouse, cultural relic restoration and testing space in Hall 1.
The original site of Hall 2 was public parking lot 11; the main building is transformed into the pure pentagonal shape from a phoenix flower with Tainan characteristics and shapes recreation and activity space with vertically stacked, misaligned spaces and semi-outdoor platform. The large pentagonal broken shade roof is designed to simulate the natural tree shade effect in response to the local climate in Tainan. When the sun shines on the broken roof at different angles, it can present beautiful light and shadow like light penetrating through the leaves.
The exhibition space of Hall 2 has 16 exhibition rooms, a collection warehouse, a cross-domain exhibition hall, a children's art center, a creative workshop, a souvenir display area, a light eating area, and a landscape restaurant. The basement is a public parking lot for public use.